Two Autumnal Nature Study Workshops, Oct – Nov 2021
Online-Live-Interactive Sessions From A Teaching Studio in Santa Fe, NM, USA
Led By Sudeshna Sengupta, MFA
Teaching Artist Since 1985
Online-live-interactive art workshops are great ways to enjoy creative time together with friends and family at a different location and can also be a fun gift!
Workshop 1: Autumnal Nature Sketching on 3 Fridays, October 15, 22, 29 in 2021, 1 – 4:30 pm
Combining line drawing with color washes, capture the emotive autumnal hues and textural details found in the mountainous high desert of the southwestern US. Following interactive demos and instructions live-streamed from the teaching artist’s online studio in Santa Fe, NM, the nature-sketchers in this workshop will have the opportunity to understand the tools and concepts covered in the online sessions, and to be able work further on their sketchbooks during the week, at home or outdoors. You will receive individualized feedback on your work from the week in the following meeting, as the next level of concepts and techniques are developed upon the skills and experience gained.
Sudeshna Sengupta’s inclusive teaching style focuses on individualized guidance in small groups to meet each learner’s goals and interests.
Cost: Choose From
- $125 Workshop OR
- $175 Includes Workshop + Nature Sketching Kit
Accepted methods of payment: Paypal, Venmo, check or cash. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 575 496 0410 for further info.
- Drawing Pad or Watercolor or Mixed-media Pad or Block of medium to heavy weight paper that can accept pen and ink and at least a light amount of watercolor washes. The minimum weight of the sheets should be above 100lb, ideally around 140lb and acid free. The ideal size for carrying it outdoors is around 8″ x 10″ or 9″ x 12″
- Drawing Pencils 2B, 4B, 6B
- Optional but recommended: Water-soluble graphite pencils
- Optional but recommended: Watercolor pencils
- Masking tape, Q-tips, Tooth picks
- Optional: Waterproof fine-point pen(s) black and sepia are recommended
- Optional: Water-soluble Brush pen
- Optional if water-media is used: A set of watercolor tubes or pans and a palette (if tubes are used)
- Watercolor Round Brushes in size 8, 10, 12
- Jars or containers for water
- Optional: If working outdoors: hat, sun screen, water bottle for drinking water, plastic cups and bottle for water to mix paints, folding chair.
Optional: You may use your existing supplies or purchase the Workshop+Nature Sketching Kit package for a no-contact pick up of the supply kit from mid-town Santa Fe.
Click here to read about Sudeshna Sengupta, your online art-guide to support you through your nature-sketching this fall.